21. The Novice’s Tale (Sister Frevisse, number 1) by Margaret Frazer. When you look at the reasonable autumn of your Lord’s elegance 1431, the nuns of England’s St. Frideswide’s get ready for the just ceremonies by which the saintly novice Thomasine will require her holy vows. However their peaceful life of beauty and prayer are tossed into chaos by the arrival that is merciless of Ermentrude Fenner and her retinue of lusty guys, sinful females, and baying hounds. The dowager that is hard-drinking keeps an animal monkey on her behalf entertainment. She demands wine, a feast…
The woman really wants to enrich herself and her reputation by organizing a married relationship for the devout novice. She cares absolutely absolutely absolutely nothing when it comes to panic and despair she results in her.
But all her cruel and cunning schemes are taken to a unexpected end with strange & most murder that is unnatural.
As suspicious eyes start the pious Thomasine, it falls to Sister Frevisse, hosteler associated with the priory and detective that is amateur to unravel the webs of unholy passion and dark intrigue that entangle the novice and show her purity… or condemn her.
22. Eggs in Purgatory (Cackleberry Club, # 1) by Laura Childs. Suzanne, Toni, and Petra lose their husbands but find independency whenever they start the Cackleberry Club. Then their cozy cafe becomes the scene of the criminal activity whenever legal counsel dies by having a key on their lips and egg on their face. Exactly exactly just What all of this is due to a cult that is religious Suzanne? S past could place her own life exactly in danger.
23. The Cat, the Quilt therefore the Corpse (A Cats in big trouble Mystery, #1) by Leann Sweeney. Jill’s life that is quiet shattered whenever her household is broken into along with her Abyssinian, Syrah, goes lacking. Jill’s convinced her kitty’s been catnapped. However when her cat-crime-solving leads her to a murdered human anatomy, instantly all paws are pointing to Jill.
Quickly, Jill discovers that Syrah is not the sole purebred who’s been taken. Now she’s discover these furry felines before all of them end up being the victim of the cold-blooded killer-and she ultimately ends up nabbed for a criminal activity.
24. The Coroner’s Meal (Dr. Siri Paiboun, # 1) by Colin Cotterill. Laos, 1978: Dr. Siri Paiboun, a 72-year-old doctor that is medical has unwillingly been appointed the nationwide coroner associated with brand brand new socialist Laos. Their lab is underfunded, their employer is incompetent, and their help staff is quirky, as you would expect. But Siri’s love of life gets him through their days that are often frustrating.
If the human body of this spouse of the politician that is prominent through their morgue, Siri has explanation to suspect the lady was murdered. To access the truth, Siri along with his team face federal federal federal government secrets, spying next-door next-door neighbors, target hauntings, Hmong shamans, botched romances, along with other life-threatening risks. Somehow, Siri must figure a way out to balance the might for the celebration as well as the might for the dead.
25. Gin & Daggers (Murder, She composed, #1) by Jessica Fletcher. Jessica Fletcher is off to London to produce the keynote target at a secret article writers meeting. She’s also looking towards seeing her mentor, Marjorie Ainsworth, who’s hosting an event on her behalf property to commemorate her book that is latest. But a business that is routine becomes murderous business–when Jessica discovers Marjorie stabbed to death inside her own room.
Plus, her lease flow from. Here’s the nagging issue: Lucy doesn’t have actually the knack for matchmaking. Relating to family members legend, every Valentine was endowed by Cupid having the ability to read “auras” and pair up perfect partners. Yet not Lucy. Her abilities were zapped away years back in an electric rise, and from now on all she can do is find lost things.
Just just What good is that into the matchmaking globe? You’d a bit surpised. In town like Boston, everyone’s trying to find one thing. When Lucy locates a lacking wedding ring—on a dead body—she asks the sexy personal attention who lives upstairs to aid her re solve the crime that is perfect. And that knows? Possibly she’ll discover the perfect love while she’s at it…in Heather Webber’s Really, Madly.
27. Your body into the Belfry (Faith Fairchild number 1) by Katherine Hall Web Web Web Page. During her years invested in new york, Faith Fairchild had been convinced she had seen just about all. However the transplanted caterer/minister’s wife was unprepared when it comes to shocks waiting for her into the sleepy Massachusetts town of Aleford.
And this woman is especially astonished by the dead human anatomy of a fairly thing that is young discovers stashed within the church’s belfry. The target, Cindy Shepherd, had been well-known locally on her acid tongue and her jilted beaux, which created lots of bad bloodstream and much more than a couple of feasible perpetrators — including her luckless fiance, that has neither an alibi nor an easier way to split the engagement off.
Faith believes it is terribly unjust that the police have actually zeroed in in the boyfriend that is hapless and thus she sets away to discover the reality. But digging too profoundly in to the sordid secrets of the tiny brand new England town helps make the natives stressed. And an extremely wondering big town woman may become yet another little city death statistic in extremely brief purchase.
28. Cloche and Dagger (Hat Shop Mystery, #1) by Jenn McKinlay. Not just is Scarlett Parker’s love life within the loo—as her British cousin Vivian Tremont would say—it’s additionally gone viral by having a video that is embarrassing. Then when Viv suggests Scarlett keep Florida to lay reduced in London, she hops regarding the plane that is next the pond. Viv may be the proprietor of Mims’s Whims, a women’ hat shop on Portobello path bequeathed to both cousins by their beloved grandmother, and she desires Scarlett to finally join her when you look at the millinery company.
However a couple of shocks await Scarlett in London. First, she actually is met during the airport perhaps maybe perhaps not by Viv, but by her handsome company supervisor, Harrison Wentworth. 2nd, Viv—who has many whims of her own—seems become lacking. No body is too concerned with the unpredictable Viv until one of her posh customers is available dead putting on the cloche cap Viv created for her—and nothing else. Is Scarlett’s relative in some trouble? Or perhaps is she in hiding?
29. An idea when it comes to Lady # 1) by Parnell Hall. Cruciverbalists, rejoice. Get a pencil to get prepared to re solve the puzzle–and a puzzling murder–in this lively first of an original amateur detective, skip Cora Felton, the reigning queen of crosswords. Cora’s an eccentric old woman with a nationwide syndicated puzzle column, an irresistible desire to poke into unsettling occasions, and a niece who’s determined to help keep her away from difficulty. In a slyly amusing and wickedly suspenseful secret, this wonderful heroine takes her very first break at playing sleuth. Just that isn’t fun and games…. It’s murder.
Violent criminal activity is unusual in tiny Bakerhaven. If the human body of a teenage that is unknown appears when you look at the neighborhood cemetery, Police Chief Dale Harper discovers himself investigating their very first homicide. Absolutely absolutely Nothing about it full situation is easy. Even a search that is thorough of criminal activity scene does not expose whom she had been, the murder tool, or why the killer left her body in a graveyard minus her footwear. A scrap of paper she carried appears to be a crossword puzzle clue. Could it were kept because of the killer? In that case, so what does it suggest?
Happily for Harper, Bakerhaven may be the new house of skip hot couples Cora Felton, the famed “Puzzle Lady” herself, whose popular crossword puzzle line graces papers nationwide. Yet bringing Cora Felton into this instance could possibly be their most mistake that is costly. For though she may seem like someone’s sweet old grandmother, behind those twinkling eyes and that slightly mysterious laugh lies a female with an impressive secret…and some concealed vices. What’s worse, one whiff of secret turns skip Felton as a modern-day skip Marple.
Now Cora is snooping through criminal activity scenes, questioning witnesses, and gaining plenty of undesired attention. It is simply the kind of meddling, mischief-making behavior that drives Chief Harper to distraction and inspires many cross words from her long-suffering niece Sherry. However when another human anatomy appears in a murder that hits much closer to home, Cora must find a killer–before she winds up in a box that is black foot across…and six down.